Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Beginning

Well, this will be short. I have been debating for a long while whether to blog or not. I used to keep a journal pretty religiously, but I seem to be only writing maybe once a year now. Mainly because it doesn't take as long for my handwriting to become illegible. So I figure I'll give this a shot. It's not like anyone will really read this anyway right?

So this will be about my life in general. A place for me to complain about my MD and other illnesses. So be warned, most likely this won't be a happy blog place. Maybe some sentimental things about my son though. I will make no apologies for my language. Anyone that knows me knows I swear like a trucker. It isn't to compensate for anything, it's just the way I've talked since I was a kid. And no, my parents didn't raise me that way. I also will not apologize for being a realist. I'm not a pessimist, although I've been called that. I like to see things as they will probably turn out. I don't like to sugar coat things and I don't immediately go for the worst either. I am not one of those lucky disabled people who think a positive attitude will save the day in the end. I tried that as a kid and it never worked. And it seems when I am happiest that's when everything falls apart. I am handicapped, crippled, disabled, screwed up and I accept that. It seems that everyone else around me has the problem accepting it :) For those that find a good attitude helps them I am happy for you, truly. Maybe someday that will work for me but not yet. I am open to any questions, nothing is off limits. I would rather someone ask me a question about my health problems than ask someone else who doesn't live with the same issues and get false answers.

So here is what I will be talking about, Muscular Dystrophy or MD, I do not have Multiple Sclerosis and please don't confuse my MD with MS. That is a pet peeve of mine. People ask what's wrong with me and I say "I have Muscular Dystrophy" and they say "Oh you have MS". NO, I HAVE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY!! Where do you hear the "S"? But MS is more well known unless I say I am one of Jerry's Kids. Which I am proud to say. So no slamming Jerry Lewis in the comments, that's a quick way to piss me off. Anyway, I'll also talk about IBS, psoriasis, asthma and any other health issue that pops up in the future. My son, Storm, the light of my life. The one thing I did right in my life. He will always be a positive part of my blogs. I am a proud mom, I've made lots of mistakes, have tons of regrets. But everyday my son says he loves me and hears it from me. And since he is 19, I think that's pretty good. We've had a rough time, him and I, but we made it through together. Everyone who knows him loves him because he is respectful and he has stayed out of trouble for the most part. We had a couple problems when he was getting bullied and then again when he almost lost me. But he doesn't party, he doesn't smoke, he doesn't swear in front of me even though I've never watched my mouth around him. I am a "do as I say not as I do" parent. He is just starting to slip a word in here and there. Anyway, he is just a really wonderful young man who will always be my mama's boy.

So that's it. Please don't think I will do nothing but bitch so why bother reading. But I do need a place to complain about life in general and maybe someone will realize they aren't alone when they read my stuff. And in return maybe I won't feel so alone :)

So much for being short. And I just realized every paragraph begins with "So". Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment